The concepts of grit and resilience have gained popularity in mainstream culture—but how can you develop these traits to achieve your own ambitions and aspirations? WSU Psychology Professor Paul Kwon will share research which identifies factors that can increase psychological resilience. Dr. Kwon will explore methods you can use to persevere in pursuing your life goals despite obstacles that may arise, how to identify values important to you, and how to translate these values into goals.
- Handout 1, Hope Scale (pdf)
- Handout 2, Identifying Values (pdf)
- Handout 3, Translating Values into Goals (pdf)
- Handout 4, Overcoming Obstacles (pdf)
- Presentation slides (pdf)